A great exercise for transitioning into the new year is to take care of your non-creative business so that you can start the year off with a clean slate.
For me, that meant:
- Reconciling my bank and credit card accounts
- Paying bills
- Returning and exchanging holiday gifts
- Taking down the holiday decor
- Updating my contact lists
- Outlining a few newsy blog posts
- Reviewing my promotion plans for upcoming book releases
- Putting together my schedule of appearances and school visits
What clutter can you clear out of your creative space?